Year 2015 Projects Executed
Department of Logistics & Supply
The Nigeria Police Force
Under the 2015 Intervention Fund
A Special Intervention Fund was given to the Nigeria Police Force by the management of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The fund was meant to aid the Nigeria Police in their Counter Insurgency Operations in the North East. However, the Management Team of the Nigeria Police decided that some of the funds should be used to rehabilitate some of the dilapidated training Institutions across the Federation.
Also, with the current trend of insurgency in the North East, some of the fund was used to make the most needed supply to the Force such as:- Large tents and Camp beds for the accommodation and sleeping facilities as most of the Barracks and Police Stations were destroyed.
Subject to the availability of fund, the following projects/training institutions were selected for various awards of contract for construction, rehabilitation and supply to create conducive environment for serving officers and recruits, thus
- üCounter Insurgency North East (I);
- ü Counter Insurgency North East (II);
- üPolice Staff College, Jos;
- üPolice College, Ikeja;
- üPolice College, Kaduna;
- üPolice Training School, Ilorin, Kwara State;
- üPolice Training School, Sokoto, Sokoto State;
- üPolice Training School, Bauchi, Bauchi State;
- üPolice Training School, Benin, Edo State;
- üPolice Training School, Calabar Cross River State;
- üPolice Training School, Iperu, Ogun State;
- üPolice Training School, Benin, Edo State; and
- üMaintenance/Service of the Automatic Stainless Steel Bollards System at FHQ, Abuja
Subsequent posts gives details of each of these areas with relevant images.